Jennifer Bishop We aren't talking about dog "bites" with pit bulls and the normal preventative measures and precautions that apply to normal dog breeds don't apply to pits. Normal dogs "bite". Pit bulls scalp, tear off faces, rip off entire limbs, tear off ears, noses, digits, and genitals, pit bulls rip off jaws, tear out tongues and eyeballs, crush skulls, sever spines, break bones, expose mandibles and trachea, eviscerate, and decapitate. Pit bulls attack without warning and without provocation. Pit bull attacks cannot be stopped with a scream, swift kick, multiple people kicking, punching, and tugging, by beating with a baseball bat or 2x4, by being sprayed with water, by having their hind legs lifted, or any other method that works with a normal breed of dog. The injuries sustained in a pit bull attacked, as stated by MULTIPLE surgeons us unlike normal dog "bites" and more akin to attacks by sharks, bears, or as one said, a chainsaw. Many experts in the fields of veterinary science and animal behavior acknowledge clearly the unique traits of pit bulls as compared to normal breeds. Trauma surgeons may not understand "why" dog bites happen but they can clear see and tell us that the majority of their severe cases involve one breed and that the damage done by that one breed is unlike any other!

Have *you* ever seen a victim of a pit bull attack? In person? I have! Until that point, I not only had no idea that dogs could do that to someone, I had no idea they WOULD! The child was not recognizable as a human being! I've been around dogs my whole life. That incident was in the 80s but until that and the past 20 years ago or so, I had never heard of *anyone* being severely hurt by a dog. I grew up in a time when dogs tended to be loose in unfenced yards. You might go to someone's house and have to get out of the car into a pack of barking (but tail wagging) dogs. It was not unusual for dogs to follow a kid (or several) down the walk aways before turning and going back home. No one was scared or concerned. I would ride my horse and dogs would come out to the road. I was always told if a dog was coming towards me to keep my hands down and to never run, but other than that, parents were never concerned about kids and loose dogs. But that was before the obsession with fighting dogs as pets and the normalization of pit bull behavior which is anything but!